Obsessive searching for vintage mountain bikes and components. Some occasional road bike love too.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Look Equipe 753 - Bernard Hinault

Ooh, ooh. Very excited about this bike. There were 500 made, which is not as few as it sounds. When it was built, 753 was the sine qua non for steel. And of course, the Badger is the perfect racer. I like almost everything about this (what I don't like are the pedals and saddle). Whoever built it up was very thoughtful. Mavic SSC derailleurs, Campagnolo C Record hubs, headset, seatpost, cranks/bb and retrofriction levers, Mavic SSC rims. Oooh, I can't wait to ride it!





And of course the Badger...

1 comment:

Georges Rouan said...

I love the Piet M style on this period of Look frames- whether it was the carbon bikes that came later or this beautiful creation (which I have never seen or heard of before) it evokes the art of sport.