Obsessive searching for vintage mountain bikes and components. Some occasional road bike love too.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recent stuff - Fat, Chris King, IRC, Hi-E and Campy content

Winter is coming and so it is time to work on projects, pick up some extra needed parts, and maybe grab a bargain or two.

First, I got this nice Wicked Fat Chance. There are some scuffs on the top tube, but they look like garage wear. Fats are bigger than they look, so it was nice to find one that fits. The parts on this bike were worth the price of admission, and are all very clean. The rims show no sidewall wear, the Ground Control/S tires look great, the Magura Shorty brake levers are clean and the Deore XT M730 kit is pretty sano too!


Next, are a weirdo set of IRC X-1 tires. Why weird? Well, they are 24 inch and red. Still cool. And I have some 24 inch wheels that these would be sweet on.


I picked up a 140mm wheelset, with a Chris King hub, WTB rim and constructed by wheel artisan Gravy. This was a steal and shows why wheels are a nightmare to sell. The wheel would be perfect on a WTB Phoenix.


Got some beat Hi-E hubs. Got the set to cannibalize the rear. Charlie Cunningham can mod these into nice, classic mountain bike hubs. I have a front that is ready to be cannibalized too.


Finally, got a bunch of Campy small parts. I am doing a winter rebuild of my Moots with Super Record 11s running gear. Consequently, I needed the shockingly expensive chain pins and the proprietary cable set. While I was at it, I figured the carbone tire levers were worth a go.

No comments: