Obsessive searching for vintage mountain bikes and components. Some occasional road bike love too.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Campagnolo Seat Quick Release

So, I picked up Breezer - a "The Breezer." For those who don't know, Joe Breeze is broadly credited with building the first purpose-built mountain bike - The Breezer. He made a very limited run (less than 10) of Series I frames. Between 1980 and 1981 he built 25 Series II frames and of these two were 18 inch, i.e. my size. Amazingly I found one of these close to home in NYC! The original nickel-plating has been refinished with lush gold paint. I am waivering between doing a full blown restore of the frame right away, or limiting myself to collecting the parts while I work on getting the best images for reproducing the decals/stencils.

Anyhoo, part one, I thought, was this Campagnolo seat qr. Problem is the diameter is too big. Eventually I'll figure out a solution.

No comments: